Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Exhortations to think


 

7 comments:

  1. Richard, I wanted to let you know that the blog roll at the bottom of this page, and also on the Typosphere blog, are not being updated by Blogger. This has been a periodic issue for some time. It would be nice to have a reliable and updated accounting of all the typewriter-related blogs, but alas it would probably take moving off a logger to another platform. - Joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just alerted to this problem. I hope Google doesn't just let Blogger die, or terminate it as unprofitable "legacy media."

      Delete
  2. I found the same thing as JVC found.

    The other problem Google does not always post comments on Blogger or other blogs.

    I like what Frederick Douglass stated about the thoughtless slave. It seem like that is the intent of so much of the digital content out there; to make thoughtless slaves (users) to content for the users.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, I noticed the blogroll issue too, so I spent quite a bit of time with Claude Code, vibe coding my own typosphere blogroll. So far, it seems to be working well and updating regularly. You’ll find it in the footer of my blog: https://www.tomfasano.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Good use of AI! I don't suppose there's any way for me to incorporate it into my blog?

      Delete
    2. It's a self-updating WordPress blogroll widget/shortcode. Shows the latest post from each blog you follow, pulled from their RSS/Atom feeds and refreshed automatically. If you want, I can send you the plugin zip with the basic shortcode instructions. It should work on https://typewriterrevolution.com/

      Delete
  4. Your blogroll here looks as if it's back to normal.

    ReplyDelete