Friday, April 24, 2020

Poem of the day: tolerant

To vary the rules of the game (hey, I made the rules, I can vary them) I turned not to Webster's, but to my collection of novels by Harry Stephen Keeler, and played the Sortes Keelerianae.








I know, not much of a poem. (I recommend reading Keeler's two pages for a much more intriguing literary experience.) My excuse for dashing this one off is that I'm getting very busy as the semester winds down and I gear up to teach a two-week intensive course next month.

Today's typewriter is a 1938 Royal Quiet that needs its top repainted, but is still a good performer and quite a beauty.



2 comments:

  1. Who is Dick Hoyr the typewriter man? Is he still alive? Where does he live now? Is he still running typewriter-related businesses? Ahh...those labels on good old used machines always trigger my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is a beautiful Royal.
    Tolerant is a good subject.

    ReplyDelete