Friday, February 4, 2011

Typewriter tech in trouble



Here's a typewriter tech whose shop seems doomed:


I'm sending him a letter offering to list him on my site as a home business if he has to leave his shop. If anyone around Amherst, Massachusetts has typewriters or computers that need fixing, or just wants to visit his shop during its probable last month of existence, I hope you'll stop by. I bet he would also appreciate a little moral support in the form of letters from members of the typosphere.

Bob Green
Amherst Typewriter & Computer
41 N. Pleasant Street
Amherst, MA 01002
413-253-7122


Followup stories are here and here.

2 comments:

  1. That's a tough situation. I'll certainly be sending him some moral support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, stories of struggling typewriter repairmen or closing shops really get me down. I wish there were enough of us typospherians to keep them all afloat.

    ReplyDelete