Sunday, December 19, 2021

Royal Quiet repaint (after)

My 1938 Royal Quiet is back from the dermatologist.





You can't say it didn't need help (more pics here):


Thanks to Jennifer Colombo of Colombo Collection, it has a beautiful new paint job, new key legends, and new feet.





This was a difficult paint job that I could not have completed myself. Jennifer even had to deal with a flood in her workshop (my typewriter was not affected). She could not save the original Dick Hoyt decal, but decal wizard Paul Robert has created an amazing reproduction that is on its way to me.

Thank you, Jennifer and Paul!

5 comments:

  1. That’s a beauty! Probably prettier than when new. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent restoration. Beautiful typewriter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I am more negative on repaints than positive. But, this is stunning and a Dick Hoyt decal! I might need to place an order to Paul for one, too. Great work, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete