Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Nadex Pioneer typewriter

Meet the Nadex Pioneer!







Yes, it's yet another product of Shanghai Weilv, the only remaining manufacturer of manual typewriters on the planet. And it's not a new design, but the same thing as the Royal Epoch (click for my review) and other "brands" from the same factory. I have no doubt that it's just as bad, and the two-star reviews on Amazon confirm my hunch.

Take a close look at the "typing" in the photos. No, the Nadex cannot produce proportional, crisp, aligned typing like this. It's laser printed!


Don't waste your money on a Nadex. But wonder, with me, what might happen if someone decided to pour a few million dollars into creating a proper typewriter factory, with high-quality materials and careful assembly. We need a good new manual typewriter for the rest of the 21st century!



1 comment:

  1. Newly manufactured, GOOD typewriters in this century would be wonderful, of course! I wonder what they would cost, though? A quick search revealed this: In 1925, an Underwood 5 could be purchased for $42.95. In today's dollars, that would be equivalent to $774.70, according to the source I found. With so many factors to consider, I'm not sure that's even a ballpark figure. But if I could buy a new manual typewriter with Underwood 5 quality for $800, a machine that would outlive me, I would certainly buy one.

    ReplyDelete